2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
- Penn Waste, Inc in Manchester, PA has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic, interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 1+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program
What we offer to you:
• Competitive compensation
• Performance-based career growth potential
• Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
• Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
• 401(k) with a generous company match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Prepaid Legal Plan
• Boot and Tool allowance
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)