As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationLily, Kentucky
Waste Connections of Kentucky is seeking an experienced, safety-minded and energetic Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Lily, KY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Must have at least 2 years of diesel mechanic experience
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Welding/fabrication experience
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Mechanics:http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)