Class A DriverLakewood, Washington
Job TitleClass A Driver
Requisition Primary LocationLakewood, Washington
We are looking for a safety conscienceClass A CDL Driver to join the team in Lakewood, WA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving Roll Off trucks and/or Tractor Trailer with a dedicated local route
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, lifting up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Climbing in and out of the cab up to 40+ times/day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Will be working in all weather conditions
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to quality customer service
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51 must be met
- Would like to see at least 3 years Class A commercial driving experience, preferably with 53' trailers.
- Clean safety and driving record
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to deal with the physicality of the job with no issues.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:High School (Required)
Certification(s):Class A - Department of Transportation