CDL Driver - Heavy Equipment Operator
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
CDL Driver - Heavy Equipment Operator
WANTED! - CDL Driver / Heavy Equipment Operator
As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 41 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America”, 3 Years in a Row!
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Waste Connections is looking to hire a CDL Driver / Heavy Equipment Operator at Thurston County Transfer Station in Lacey, WA. The position will be responsible for driving a garbage truck or operating heavy equipment as needed on a day to day basis.
To be considered for this position you MUST have a Class A CDL, 1+ years of CDL driving experience, trailer experience, manual shift driving experience, great driving record, and excellent customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement and trailer experience as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)