Yellow Iron Maintenance ManagerKnoxville, Tennessee
Job TitleYellow Iron Maintenance Manager
Primary LocationKnoxville, Tennessee
WASTE CONNECTIONS, (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in the U.S. and Canada. Our employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Waste Connections is looking for a Region Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager to work out of our Region Office located in beautiful Knoxville, TN.
As the Region H.E. Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with the maintenance of 230+ pieces of yellow iron equipment at our landfill and transfer station facilities across 11 states in the Eastern Region. This position requires an effective leader who can train, motivate, and coach their team to uphold the company’s values and meet or exceed company goals.
• Ensures adherence to Waste Connections’ safety standards.
• Fosters collaboration between and among various site personnel across all levels.
• Mentors site maintenance mechanics throughout the Region.
• Conducts heavy metal audits at the post-collection facilities
• Communicates regularly with the corporate personnel.
• Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
• Generates reports to proactively identify trends and issues occurring in the Region.
Other Skills/Abilities Preferred
• Experience in yellow iron equipment maintenance.
• Outstanding teambuilding and communication skills.
• Ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement with company match, and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)