As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Primary LocationKetchikan, Alaska
Tuesday-Saturday, 7am start times.
Starting hourly pay will be $23/hour for someone with a Commercial Driver's License (Class A or B), and will be $20/hour for someone with a Class C driver's license. We also offer regular wage increases and great family benefits, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a rear load garbage truck on specified routes to pick up waste from customers.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading containers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of labor-type work experience.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)