As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Primary LocationJuneau, Alaska
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscious Diesel Mechanic to join the team in Juneau, AK!
The schedule will be 4 days per week, 10 hour daytime shifts - either Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday. Pay rate depends on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services on our fleet of trucks and equipment. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)