Landfill Gas TechnicianJackson, Nebraska
Is the Environment something you are passionate about? Do you have experience working with gas systems and want to expand your knowledge? Waste Connections is looking for a Landfill Gas System Technician/Environmental compliance coordinator to manage the landfill gas system, leachate collection systems, and environmental site record. Successful candidates are those seeking a mix of field service and office work in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. Waste Connections is a large, publicly-traded solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, then Waste Connections might be the company for you.
Why join us?
- Tremendous opportunities for internal growth within the company
- Work hard, play harder culture
- Opportunity to work for a growing company in a stable industry
- Ensure landfill gas and waste water systems remains in compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations and maintain onsite report filing systems.
- Perform routine system inspections and repairs on the landfill.
- Maintain relationships with landfill employees as well as consultants, vendors, customers generating industrial waste.
- Assist in landfill environmental reviews and audits.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare reports at the state or local levels.
- Must be mechanically proficient on a variety of systems and field instruments.
- Ability to define problems collects data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related field preferred
- Understanding of landfill gas systems and/or well field technology
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities
- Some direct work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Environmental site assessments and remediation
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement and unlimited opportunities to 'Connect with Your Future'. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)