Municipal Marketing ManagerIowa Park, Texas
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
The Municipal Marketing Manager supports the community through waste reduction education, sustainable practices, and brand awareness throughout the service area.
- Work with the local governments, to partner on outreach and education programs.
- Talk to the public via a booth at public events.
- Attend local community meetings and engage the public on a variety of waste related topics.
- Update the 'news feed' on our website.
- Create/improve Waste Connections literature/educational material, recycling education tags, promotional material.
- Engage large customers on 'partnership projects' that involve the community, recycling, and waste reduction.
- Work with Districts to assure our presence at community events throughout the state.
- Other duties as assigned/evolved.
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability, marketing, and being an ambassador for the brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Focus on Sustainability and Environmental Science Preferred.
- Experience with event planning and implementation.
- Intermediate skills in word processing and graphics software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to conduct complex interpersonal interactions with others, trouble-shoot, solve problems, make decisions, operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure and with self-motivation.
- Must have efficient and organized work habits, and be flexible to handle needs as they arise.
- The successful individual for this role will be able to change direction quickly, work on multiple deadlines simultaneously and prioritize amongst many different projects, both on a daily basis and projects with long term completion goals.
- Experience giving presentations to large and small groups.
- Demonstrated experience working through projects with little supervision from start to finish.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)