Truck HelperHoney Brook, Pennsylvania
A.J. Blosenski has an immediate opening for a driver helper at our hauling location in Honey Brook, PA.
- Work alongside the driver of a residential garbage truck and assist in the manual collection of solid waste or recyclable material.
- This is a labor-intensive position requiring regular heavy lifting and climbing in and out of the truck.
- This position will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
- This is a full time, year round position. A typical schedule for this position is Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays as needed, approximately 50-55 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Requires frequent bending, stretching, throwing, reaching, lifting and jogging.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Physical stamina – Must be able to continually lift 50+ lbs throughout a 10-12 hour shift.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Valid driver's license required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)