As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
The Trash Company, a Waste Connections company, is offering a $10,000 Stay -on Bonus as we seek a safety conscience Diesel Mechanic to join our GROWING team in Granby, Colorado.
- $25.00 - $30.00 per hour.
- Every hour after 40 is paid overtime.
- *** $10,000 STAY ON BONUS ***
- This position is eligible for Safety Bonuses
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US:
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports. •Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standard
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid drivers license (CDL preferred, but not required).
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- 2 years of experience preferred.
- Must own personal tools.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.