Lead Equipment OperatorFort Worth, Texas
Job TitleLead Equipment Operator
Primary LocationFort Worth, Texas
Waste Connections, Inc. has immediate openings for LEAD HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORat our C&D Landfill in Fort Worth, Texas. The schedule is rotating, with Monday - Friday the first 3 months, then Tuesday - Saturday for 3 months, 52-60 hour work week.
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, motorgrader, excavator. Compactor experience preferred but not required.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on heavy equipment such as checking fluid levels, blow out radiators and filters, greasing, and keeping tracks/wheels free of debris.
- Effectively communicate clear instructions on daily tasks to the team.
- Coordinating and verifying landfill safety and traffic control.
- Daily monitoring of landfill operations to meet or exceed state environmental compliance requirements and all weather access to the facility.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Spreading and compacting trash using a compactor and a dozer.
- Has a “can-do” attitude when job-site difficulties arise
- Work in a fast paced, team environment
- Follow safe operating practices
- Learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
- College degree in Business, Engineering, or Construction is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)