Heavy Equipment Operator (Ft Myers FL)Fort Myers, Florida
Waste Connections, Inc. has immediate openings for an EQUIPMENT OPERATOR for our Facility in Fort Myers, FL. . In this position you will be operating our various equipment including Excavator, Front Loader, Forklift. Also will have other duties including running the Scale House.
A typical schedule is Monday – Friday an occasional Saturday as needed. Average workweek is 45 plus Hours. May work weekends if needed.
- Ability to efficiently operate, wheel loaders, excavator
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to Run a Scale House or must be willing to learn.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Operate several pieces of heavy equipment thru out the work day
- Work in a fast paced, team environment
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments
- Have 2 years of previous experience operating heavy equipment
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day
- Must have excavator experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- VETERANS are encouraged to apply!
If you have any questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).