Diesel Mechanic - $2500 BONUS
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Diesel Mechanic - $2500 BONUS
We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at Murrey's Disposal in Fife, WA. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. At least 3 years of experience doing maintenance on diesel trucks is preferred.
Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 3PM-11:30PM. Starting wages are $29.50/HR which includes a shift differential.
$1500 SIGN ON BONUS + $1000 TOOL REFRESH BONUS
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all Waste Connections vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA, state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment
- Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- Completing vehicle documentation and all paperwork related to repair orders
- Maintaining the truck shop workspace, keeping it neat and free from debris
- Completing special projects for Supervisor as assigned, and assisting other shop personnel as needed
- Following all appropriate safety guidelines and precautions, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE), and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Maintaining regular and predictable attendance
- Applicable operating procedures and safety practices for refuse collection
- Applicable federal, state, and municipal statutes, rules, regulations, and policies related to refuse collection
- General and advanced repairs of vehicles, to include light, medium, and heavy vehicles
- Safe and efficient use and care of hand tools and other equipment involved in vehicle repair processes
- Interpersonal interaction, positive attitude, excellent teamwork, and leadership
- Quickly understand and adhere to safety requirements of this position
- Provide training for other employees as required
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required
Minimum Level of Education: High school diploma or GED
- Valid class B commercial driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Ability to meet all DOT requirements
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)