Region EngineerEnglewood, Colorado
Job TitleRegion Engineer
Primary LocationEnglewood, Colorado
We are looking to hire an Engineer to manage environmental and engineering programs and our special waste streams for 25+ landfills and numerous other waste management districts across 12 states. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
- Lead various engineering construction and permitting projects.
- Review and approve industrial and special waste profiles against local, state, and federal regulations to protect facility personnel and ensure landfill compliance.
- Support our customers and sales team in identifying and optimizing waste handling solutions.
- Review and understand all permits governing the landfill and provide guidance to Region Engineers and Landfill Managers to ensure site compliance.
- Lead landfill, transfer station, material recycling facility, and hauling site environmental audits.
- Review and support the development of environmental monitoring reports and plans (eg SPCC, SWPPP, GHG, groundwater monitoring, and Title V).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to be a leader in the company’s engineering and environmental program and to learn and grow all business sectors across the company.
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, engineering design and operating plans, maintenance and procedural manuals.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to predict and manage future compliance needs and adapt to changing regulatory environments.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with sales team, operations team, outside consultants and vendors, and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or related field.
- 5 or more years of practical environmental experience.
- CHMM, CHMP or CHP certifications preferred.
- Some direct work experience in two or more of the following areas:
- environmental chemistry and waste characterization
- solid waste engineering
- environmental site assessments and remediation
- environmental auditing
Successful candidates are those seeking a mix of field service and office work in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. As leaders we serve the field as part of a regional team. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future.” Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)