Landfill Assistant District ManagerEnglewood, Colorado
***THIS POSITION WILL NEED TO RELOCATE RIGHT AWAY***
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
We are currently seeking a talented Assistant District Manager
We are looking for a candidate that will manage the day-to-day operations of a single or multiple sites with minimal direction. This Manager will establish and maintain performance and productivity metrics and cost management processes.
In this role you will spend a significant amount of time developing, motivating, and managing sales staff, operations staff and accounting staff. In addition, managing the district’s pricing quality and margin enhancement, managing the sales costs of the district, and ensuring that the monthly budgets are met.
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures and systems for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving profit, processes and return on investment. Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Regional Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains performance targets, objectives and standards for each service activity at the site.
- Has full P&L and capital responsibility for the site.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partners with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure WCI is providing top notch customer service, and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts, negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures that safe, reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance.
- Defines and implements market strategy.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degrees preferred
- three+ years management level experience in the transportation or waste industry is required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of waste hauling operating procedures
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Minimum of Class B CDL or ability to obtain
- Must be able and willing to relocate out of state for promotional opportunities
- Travels regularly to customer or other company locations
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves, dirt, odor, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
What’s In It for You?
Salary Range - $80-100k + bonus and equity eligible.
You will be joining colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our total compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance and a 100% company match 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)