Environmental EngineerEnglewood, Colorado
We are looking to hire an Engineer to manage environmental and engineering programs and our special waste streams for 25+ landfills and numerous other waste management districts across 17 states. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
Salary: $95-115K + Bonus Potential!
- Lead various engineering construction and permitting projects.
- Review and approve industrial and special waste profiles against local, state, and federal regulations to protect facility personnel and ensure landfill compliance.
- Support our customers and sales team in identifying and optimizing waste handling solutions.
- Review and understand all permits governing the landfill and provide guidance to Region Engineers and Landfill Managers to ensure site compliance.
- Lead landfill, transfer station, material recycling facility, and hauling site environmental audits.
- Review and support the development of environmental monitoring reports and plans (eg SPCC, SWPPP, GHG, groundwater monitoring, and Title V).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to be a leader in the company’s engineering and environmental program and to learn and grow all business sectors across the company.
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, engineering design and operating plans, maintenance and procedural manuals.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to predict and manage future compliance needs and adapt to changing regulatory environments.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with sales team, operations team, outside consultants and vendors, and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or related field.
- 3 or more years of practical environmental experience.
- CHMM, CHMP or CHP certifications preferred.
- Some direct work experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Environmental chemistry and waste characterization
- Solid waste engineering
- Environmental site assessments and remediation
- Environmental auditing
Successful candidates are those seeking a mix of field service and office work in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. As leaders we serve the field as part of a regional team. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future.”
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.