PM Mechanic - 3rd ShiftElk Grove Village, Illinois
Job TitlePM Mechanic - 3rd Shift
Primary LocationElk Grove Village, Illinois
Groot, a subsidiary of Waste Connections is currently searching for a safety conscious, third shift PM Diesel Technician position at our site in Elk Grove Village, IL
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on diesel trucks including front-end loader, roll off, rear load, trailers and other support vehicles.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, and hydraulic system.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on CNG, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and rear load, plus other support vehicles. Repairs include, but are not limited to, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders.
- Completes electronic repair orders in our maintenance program associated with repairing vehicles and documenting parts usage.
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 4 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance.
- Valid driver license. Class B – CDL is preferred but not required.
- Trade school certificate
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics
- ASE certificate(s)
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Dependability – Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Safety Orientation – Follows Groot Industries safety rules and procedures and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises
- Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
- Schedule is 10 pm to 6:30 am