Operations ManagerDuncan, South Carolina
Waste Connections is currently seeking an Operations Manager for our site located in Duncan, SC.
In this position you will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and ensuring the safety of our garbage truck drivers. You will also be trained and mentored in the waste business to prepare you for future management opportunities in our growing company.
- Assign and supervise work crews operating solid waste collection equipment.
- Monitors progress of daily operations, reassigns employees, and makes staffing changes as necessary.
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs.
- Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company.
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
Qualified applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
- Have or ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to
"Connect with Your Future"
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)