As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Why Choose Us?
We are Waste Connections, an integrated services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services to local residents and businesses throughout the U.S. and Canada. We’re proud to be a different kind of company with a different kind of culture. One where self-directed, empowered employees have our trust and full support to realize their potential as they strive to make a bigger and better impact on their communities and careers every day.
Waste Connections has immediate openings for DieselMechanics at our facilites located in and around Dallas, Texas. Our priority is to make sure we hire mechanics that care about the safety of our drivers and the service provided to the community. As a mechanic with us the minimum responsibilities are:
- Perform repairs and inspections, safety checks, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on diesel vehicles.
- Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret failure modes to identify and adjust Engine and Vehicle Control modules
- Respond to road calls for emergency repairs
- Reviewing, Completing or assigning repairs identified on driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software programs.
- Test driving trucks after services and repairs
- Helping other team members with repairs as needed
- Having professional and courteous interactions with our drivers when needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Proficiency in a variety of diesel vehicle diagnostic tools, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Basic tool set
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 90 days of start of position
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(K) with company match; let us help you save for your future
- Healthcare; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Perks, perks, perks! Employee Assistance Mental Health Program, Emergency Travel Assistance, Prepaid Legal Plan, Scholarship Opportunities for kids, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Relief Fund
- Insurance: Life, Short Term/Long Term Disability
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. Waste Connections does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law