Driver HelperDade City, Florida
Job TitleDriver Helper
Primary LocationDade CIty, Florida
Waste Connections is looking for individuals who have a passion for driving, career growth and share our #1 Value: Safety! We are looking for Driver Helper to join the team at our location in Dade City, FL.
Monday-Friday typically work from 3:00am to 3:30pm. On top of great pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round work with year round OT.
The Helper position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
Typical job duties include (but are not limited to)
- Ride on garbage truck to assist the Driver service customers - will load refuse bags and bring containers to the truck for proper disposal.
- Directing the truck driver when backing
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Operate packing mechanisms and levers to activate the loading arm
- Clean the packer blade and truck body
- Deliver positive customer service interactions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be able to lift 70+ lbs throughout a 10 hour shift.
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced position in all weather conditions
- Garbage Truck experience a PLUS!!!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay!!
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
If you have any questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).