As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Job TitleCDL Driver
Primary LocationCoupeville, Washington
As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class B CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you’re who we're looking for!
We are looking for asafety conscienceRoute Driverto join the team at our Hauling location inCoupeville, WA. Previous waste experience would be a hugeplus but willing to assist in helping a qualified candidate to obtain their CDL.
Shift is Monday through Friday job and your start time would be 5:30AM and the end of your day will be whenever all assigned work is completed. Wages starting at $25.50/HR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 40-50 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future atwww.wasteconnections.com!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)