Operations Supervisor/ Route ManagerCoquitlam, Canada
Waste Connections of Canadathe leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an experiencedRoute Manager/ Operations Supervisor (Days)- facility inCoquitlam, BC.We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individuals capable of creating and driving change.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing all Drivers on daily basis. Ensuring operations are running safely by performing Driver observations, weekly mini meetings and monthly safety meetings. This role is the leadership position of our post-collections business unit to ensure that safety, compliance, customer service, efficiency, productivity, growth, sales and financial targets are met. Personal and ethical behavior is of paramount importance in this position.
- Oversee day to day operations of multiple routes for municipal contract.
- Reviews daily route sheets for P& L statistical information.
- Performs operational audits of collections routes and observation routes.
- Ensure that Drivers required to operate company vehicles or equipment are completing daily safety and maintenance checks on VCR’s so that issues are addressed in a timely manner to eliminate or reduce down time.
- Plans and monitors employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Enters daily payroll time clock corrections on Workday as needed.
- Applying progressive employee discipline if/when necessary.
- Conducts accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior lead person or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid CDL (Commercial driver’s license) and pass all DOT regulations.
- Experience operating various refuse collection equipment
- Data entry and analysis is necessary.
- Must be ‘customer first’ minded.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Work performed in an office environment with occasional need to be in the field with staff.
- May include walking periodically throughout the work day.
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture.Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits.You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
APPLY TODAY! Be part of a great team!
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer