Customer Service RepresentativeClifton Park, New York
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in 46 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Our 18,000+ employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a High EnergyCustomer Service Representative to join the team at our County Waste location in Clifton Park, NY. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning service or billing. A successful CSR must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. Customer Service Representatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customer regarding the issue at hand.
- Works in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes.
- Effectively communicates issues, needs and opportunities with customer service employees and other managers & solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Take payments, bank deposits, key word orders, keys production paperwork and general office duties
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and effective use of software applications. These systems should include as a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements, resolve problems or complaints, and seeks cost-effective, safe environmentally sound solutions to service issues.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail, proficient in 10 key, keyboarding and typing skills a must
- Solid Waste Industry Experience and or related field is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).