Sales RepresentativeCharlotte, North Carolina
Job TitleSales Representative
Requisition Primary LocationCharlotte, North Carolina
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in 41 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada.Our 16,000+ employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity.Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you.At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people!We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
Waste Connections, Inc. is currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative for our Charlotte, NC market area.
- Selling commercial waste removal and disposal services
- Preparing proposals, calling on new and existing customers, and utilizing /owning our Salesforce driven CRM tool, ARES.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business of commercial accounts
- Interacting with customers, non-profit, business associations, and trade shows
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service
- 70% of your time will be spent in your designated territory, prospecting, building relationships, and exploring market opportunities.
- 30% of this position will be spent in the office doing team building, strategic planning, and account management.
The Position Provides:
- A competitive base salary plus commission!
- As a Territory Manager you will also be eligible to perform to participate in Waste Connections new “Win-Win Equity Program”. This is a quarterly incentive which is designed to provide a vehicle for you to earn equity ownership of the company – your efforts will be rewarded with more than just commission!
- Annual Chairman’s Club recognition for top national performers! (Fantastic trip to island paradise)
- Guaranteed commission for the 1st three months with completion of on-boarding!
- Excellent opportunities to advance within this growing company!
- Company paid Cell Phone and Microsoft Surface Pro!
- Mileage reimbursement!
- 2+ years outside sales/B2B experience preferred
- Solid Waste industry experience a plus, not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Reliable transportation
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).