As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Job Description –
We are looking for a safety consciousDiesel Mechanic to join the team in Chambersburg, PA.
Monday - Friday, with occasional Saturdays.
- Performs repairs (including electrical and hydraulic systems) and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
What We Offer –
Good pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation, and a great management team.
Garbage is very stable and we work year round.
Job Requirements –
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)