As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
We have an immediate position open a Full Time Trailer and Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks and trailers. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply.
Shift will be from Monday through Friday from 5am to 1:30pm. Wages start at $25/HR DOE.
- Service and Repair Fleet of 100 Trailers.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Perform some welding
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- General shop cleaning responsibilities
- Equipment safety checks
- Maintain and track service inventory
- Communicate with drivers for issues in morning and afternoon
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- 2+ years’ experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair
- Basic tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment as required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 90 days of start of position
- Welding experience a plus
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)