As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to support our Waste Connections site in Brookings, OR. Monday-Friday day shift position typically working 10 hour days. On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, overtime, and vacation.
We are offering a tool allowance as well!
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
- Initiating or assigning repairs by utilizing vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviewing, completing, or assigning repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Valid Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement; or ability to obtain in the future
- Minimum 5 year of proven experience in the field
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to work an average of 45 hours a week
- Physical demands include:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit http://www.wasteconnections.com/ .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)