Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
***$7,500 SIGN ON BONUS***
Waste Connections offers a great work atmosphere with competitive pay and great benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
As a Diesel PM Tech , you will perform preventative maintenance, repair, diagnose truck issues, and repair hydraulic, electrical issues in trucks along with light welding and light computer diagnosis. This includes truck brands such as Autocar, Freightliner, Sterling, and International.
We currently have 2nd shift positions available, Monday through Friday and we will work to accommodate your class schedule.
PRIMARY DUTIES (as experience dictates)
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair and maintain diesel and CNG gas engine vehicles
- Diagnostics for diesel engines, drive lines, suspensions
- Experience with electrical systems and hydraulics
- Inspect and repair brakes
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Work safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Perform work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Clean tools, equipment, shop and service truck for acceptable appearance. Complete service reports and other documentation as required
- Attends training classes as required
- Must be able to provide your own tools
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to regularly and safely push, pull, bend, twist, sit, stand, and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to work with exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises
- Working ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and to hear at a level sufficient to communicate with staff and avoid safety concerns.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers, and supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adhere to company rules and regulations
- CDL is a plus!
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)