Garbage Truck Driver
As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Garbage Truck Driver
Job TitleGarbage Truck Driver
Primary LocationBrantford, Ontario
Waste Connections of Canada the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an experienced Waste Collection DRIVER - Residential to join our team in Brantford, ON. We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individual capable of creating and driving change.
At Waste Connections of Canada, we focus on SAFETY all day every day for our employees and our community. The Driver ensures safe operation of a truck, while driving and loading/unloading through densely populated residential areas. The driver drives house by house making constant stops to pick up and place garbage onto truck. The driver proceeds to subsequent customers (average 1000 houses per day) until the truck has a full load, and then dumps the load at a transfer station before continuing customer pickups.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Commercial drivers’ license is required and must be maintained.
- Proven record of safe driving performance. (Perfect Driving record)
- Able to start working at 6 am.
- Capable to work up to 10 hours per day
- Experience driving a Rear Loader or Side Loader
- Excellent spatial skills to position vehicle and bins effectively and drive accident free.
- Effective communication skills to convey information to dispatcher and customers.
- Knowledge of the area and traffic patterns in order to schedule a run or take a detour is a strong asset.
- DZ - AZ experience
- Available to work Monday to Friday.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physically mobile: able to climb in and out of truck to unlock/lock bins (or roll recycling containers) and to clean out truck after dumping contents.
- Needs to climb in and out of truck at each customer site and roll bins weighing about 20 to 40 pounds (depends on contents e.g., cans vs paper) a few feet to truck and back.
- Exposed to elements. Will need to be outside (exposed to heat/cold, rain) briefly but frequently throughout the day.
- Both seated and standing driving a truck.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.