Landfill Equipment OperatorAthens, Tennessee
Waste Connections has an immediate position available for a Heavy Equipment Operator at the Meadowbranch Landfill in Athens, TN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks. Compactor experience preferred, but not required.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, and every other Saturday.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following all safety precautions.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability and experience to operate bull dozers, off road trucks, excavators, and wheel loaders
- Willing to work 5 days per week plus a rotating Saturday shift.
- Physically able and willing to dig dozer tracks daily.
- Hours for this position are 6:00AM-5:30PM Monday-Friday and every other Saturday.
- Hours will be 55-65 working hours per week.
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!www.wasteconnections.com
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)