Heavy Equipment Mechanic
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Mechanic
Primary LocationAngleton, Texas
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic at our Seabreeze Landfill site in Angleton, Texas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of power-train, electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as dozers, compactors, excavators, ADT’s, etc. Perform power washing on heavy equipment during routine preventative maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take place in the landfill.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, from 6 am - 5 pm and every other Saturday (half day).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box.
- 5 years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)