As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Primary LocationAnchorage, Alaska
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate position available for a Welder in Anchorage, AK! In this position you will wear a few different hats but main duties will include welding, fabricating and compactor repair. This is a full time, long term position with a great company. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and are a self-motivated, hardworking individual with good communication skills, we want to talk to you.
The typical schedule is Tuesday - Friday 6am-4pm. The starting pay will depend on experience and certifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform welding and repair of trash/compactor containers, compactor repairs and trash trucks metal repair in our fleet.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks and work as a team.
- Assist with roll cart delivery to our local customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair containers in the yard. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to drive a forklift and other trucks in the yard.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experienced in Stick and MIG welding and using a cutting torch.
- Experience is a plus as is a working knowledge of hydraulics.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)