Assistant ControllerAnchorage, Alaska
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections Company is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their team in Anchorage, Alaska!
This is NOT your typical accounting job! We want Controllers to help the sites they support make informed business decisions & drive results, not sit in an office and report past results!
Alaska Waste Controllers are based out of the Division office in Anchorage, but will support sites throughout Alaska. Some overnight travel will be required for site visits, up to a week per month. Alaska Waste has sites in Anchorage, Wasilla, Seward, Kenai, Homer, Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Fairbanks, Healy, &
Alaska has a unique and complex regulatory environment for solid waste collection. The garbage industry is much more complex and dynamic than it seems from the outside.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
- Rate analysis and review.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
- Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Special projects as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license or MBA preferred, but not required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)