Assistant District ManagerAltamonte Springs, Florida
- ASSISTANT DISTRICT MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5+ years experience managing a business unit, preferably in the transportation industry with full P&L responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Both Hauling and Landfill responsibilities preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
- Willingness to relocate for promotional opportunities
ASSISTANT DISTRICT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees personnel needs of the route sites including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Responsible for termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partner with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure our business is providing top notch customer service, and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts, negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with your Division Vice President.
- Has P&L and capital responsibility for each site. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance, Customer Service, Sales, and Operations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans