Equipment Operator (Night Shift)Albany, New York
Job TitleEquipment Operator (Night Shift)
Primary LocationAlbany, New York
Sierra Processing has an immediate opening for aEquipmentOperatorlocated in Albany, NY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, operates tipper. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders. Also will have other duties including picking up garbage, cleaning machines, and directing traffic.
- Operates various equipment for general site and other related assignments.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; preferred
- Willing to load and unload trucks, semi trailers and export containers.
- Required to learn and willing to operate baling machines
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 to 75 + pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, skid steer and forklift safety.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)