Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a High-Volume Recruiter to support its full-cycle recruitment in the Western Canada region.
The incumbent can be located in Vaughan, ON, orEdmonton or Calgary, AB and will report to the Recruitment Manager at the Vaughan, ON office. At the division level, the Recruiter will be working with all local hiring managers to access, evaluate, and strategize on individual hiring needs. The recruiter will liaise with the HR Manager and the Western Canada Division Vice President on any over recruitment concerns and will provide regular updates. Your success in this role will come from creating strong working relationships with the Region, Division, and District team members and communicating in a timely and effective manner.
You will be required to work out our Winnipeg and other Alberta districts regularly.
The Recruiter will focus on sourcing and screening the candidates for current open positions and building a pipeline of future candidates who embrace our operational values and our corporate culture.
- Conduct behavioral interviews with candidates and coach hiring managers on behavioral interviews and other selection methods.
- Complete all aspects of the hiring process, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding new hires.
- Develop and maintain relationships with passive job seekers and various educational agencies and professional associates to maintain a continuous pool of highly qualified and qualified candidates.
- Manage the follow-up and documentation of all job openings, applications submitted, and measures necessary for successful recruitment.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and strict confidentiality on matters requiring discretion.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or another related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years or more of high-volume recruiting experience in a professional environment using a candidate tracking system.
- Experience recruiting in Western Canada (BC, AB, MB) is required.
- High-Volume recruiting experience is required.
- Experience with Workday or any other ATS is an asset
- Ability to travel to the Region office and all districts for interviews, recruitment meetings or events.
- Experience in industrial hiring an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office, along with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational and, time management skills.
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer