National Accounts ManagerWoodbridge, Canada
Job TitleNational Accounts Manager
Primary LocationWoodbridge, Ontario
Waste Connections of Canada, the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America, is looking for an energetic, creative, and self-driven National Accounts Manager to join our Canadian Region Sales team. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the National Accounts Manager will be responsible for growing the Waste Connections of Canada business at the national level. The National Accounts Manager will lead the “go to market” strategic plan, execution, financial management, and team leadership for the WWC customer base. The incumbent will work closely with a comprehensive cross-functional team to ensure target achievement and develop strategic customer relationships. We are looking for someone who can work independently, is willing to travel as required, is safety orientated, energetic, and focused on supporting our operations while creating value through our core values.
A day in the life of a National Accounts Manager
As a National Accounts Manager for Waste Connections of Canada, you will be accountable for the strategic plan based on corporate objectives, share development, and financial targets, as well as external competitive marketplace issues and opportunities.
As a National Accounts Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the strategic Account plan based on Internal Objectives, Service Strategy, Business Development, Promotional programs, and external competitive marketplace issues and opportunities.
- Supervise daily activities of the national accounts team to ensure business growth and profitability.
- Develop a sales plan and strategy to increase business opportunities.
- Build a positive relationship with existing customers to increase market share.
- Provide monthly business reporting and forecasting to management. The development of sales spend budgets
- Maintain a database of potential customers, prospect plans, and business operations.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and development of people resources under their control, Overseeing professional development, progression, and succession planning for direct reports.
- Coordinate with the national accounts team to handle start-up and current account activities.
- Prepare and deliver business presentations to customers.
- Develop business proposals and contracts for management and customers.
What will make you successful?
As a successful incumbent, you will be the champion for the brand throughout the organization, so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, and results-focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. With your relevant Sales and Account Management experience, coupled with your highly organized, dynamic approach, you will excel in this role. Pro-activity, tenacity, and enthusiasm are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market. You are a self-starter and think “out of the box” to secure incremental business opportunities.
You have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a university degree in Business Administration with a focus on Sales and Marketing
- 10 years of progressive sales experience within a service-oriented company across Canada, including 3-4 years as a Key Account Manager within National accounts.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a senior team leader managing national accounts or sales team across Canada
- Building, coaching and mentoring an effective and high performing sales team
- Highly developed organizational, communication, negotiation and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with expertise presenting to both small and large groups.
What’s In It for You?
You will be working in a team environment and with colleagues who strive to make our company a great place to work. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company matching RRSP plans. You will be part of a company that leads by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com