Route Supervisor/ Operations SupervisorWinnipeg, Canada
Are you a Servant Leader? Are you ready to take the next step on your career? If you answered yes, then we want to speak with you.
Waste Connections of Canada is a leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for a Route Supervisor/Operations Supervisor to support our team in Winnipeg, MB. We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individual capable of creating change and driving results. Your success in this role is dependent on how hard you work, how well you communicate and your ability to lead.
Address: 375 Oak Point Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R2R 1T9
As a Residential and Commercial Rear Load and ASL Route Supervisor you will be responsible to monitor all aspects of assigned collections crew to achieve safety, service and productivity metrics are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- At the forefront of each day maintain safety awareness, coaching & training in order to minimize accidents & injuries
- Observe and coach staff to ensure that they provide excellent safe efficient service on each assigned collection route/area.
- Responsible to oversee all aspects of day to day operations for 8-10 Residential ASL and Rear Load Drivers and Helpers . This includes payroll confirmation, drive-cam review & fitness for duty.
- Resolve customer complaints and follow up to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Monitor collections, breakdowns, any damage complaints, and customer service delivery to ensure no missed calls or customers.
- Respond to spills in compliance with company policies and environmental regulations.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to defuse a situation and deal with upset customers effectively and professionally.
- Organized and able to meet tight timelines.
- Good communication skills to uncover issues to seek win/win solutions and effectively deal with other team members, customers (internal and external).
- Good computer skills.
- Familiarity with routing, logistics or industry terminology is an asset.
- Team player keeping the overall collections as the final daily goal.
- Safety training experience.
- Must be able to coach, mentor and discipline direct reports.
- Previous experience supervising in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Class 1A or 3A license - preferred.
What we offer:
- Excellent benefit package (including medical, dental, vision etc.)
- Employer matched RRSP contributions.
- Training and Career Development & Advancement programs/opportunities.
- A Fun and Friendly work environment.
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Call Fatah @ 403-470-3335
APPLY TODAY! Be part of a great team!
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer