HR GeneralistVancouver, Washington
Waste Connections, (NYSE: WCN) is an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the United States and Canada. Waste Connections serves more than nine million residential, commercial, industrial, and exploration and production customers in 43 states in the U.S., and five provinces in Canada. Waste Connections, Inc. was founded in September 1997. Its Principal Administrative Offices are located in The Woodlands, Texas, 30 miles north of Houston.
We are currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our Western Region Office located in Vancouver, Washington. This office supports 3000+ employees at locations in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada and Idaho.
As the Region HR Generalist, you'll be a part of a three-person Human Resources team that provides advice to leaders on complex employee relations matters. You will conduct fact findings investigations and through a consultative approach you will problem solve, influence resolution and mitigate risk. In this role, you will help manage complex leave of absences and will also engage with the field to identify talent and develop future leaders.
At Waste Connections, culture is a critical component of our success. Our managers in the field operate within a relatively decentralized structure, but look to our regional administrative office for certain centralized services, including human resources.
- Participates in projects and planning that support employee development and success.
- Coach and support field leadership with team member performance management issues, including coaching conversations, investigations and progressive discipline
- Advises and manages through complex Leave of Absence issues.
- Assists with integrating newly acquired companies/employees.
- Manages reporting, administrative tasks and advises on employee absences related to Covid-19
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding policies, procedures, programs, and other people matters.
What You Have To Have:
- A can-do, positive attitude and servant leadership qualities
- Minimum 2+ years progressively responsible human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US employment laws
- Strong influencing skills with proven success in influencing employees at all levels of the organization through collaboration and communication
- Ability to travel up to 30% often without advance planning to the eight Western Region states
- Ability to be confidential with sensitive information
- Interpersonal and organizational consulting, delivery and facilitation skills
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple matters and projects
- PHR/SPHR (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)