Application Security AnalystThe Woodlands, Texas
Waste Connections has a rare opportunity for an Application Security Analyst at our corporate office in the Woodlands, Texas!
The application security analyst is responsible for securing data, systems, and applications. They ensure that WCN’s applications and services are implemented with high standards and are secure. Their job description entails leading efforts to securing code, including code reviews, project security reviews, and penetration testing support, and application scanning processes throughout the stages of the software development lifecycle.
Application security analysts work as a part of the security operations team and help to guarantee that all of WCN’s software and infrastructure are designed and implemented with best security practices in mind. Collaborate with other IT professionals to harden the systems and applications to better protect data.
The application security analyst work description also involves working closely with developers to help improve the security of our products and services, as well as designing technical solutions to address security weaknesses, and working with relevant stakeholders to implement them.
To work as an application security analyst, you must enjoy analyzing system services, spotting issues in code, networks, and applications from a security perspective, and have troubleshooting skills to recognize security issues that appear under new threat scenarios.
Application security analysts perform various functions, including securing software applications that are developed and offered by the organization as software services for employees or customers.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make the application security analyst job description are listed below:
- Help the organization evolve its application security functions and services
- Responsible for upholding code reviews across all code platforms
- Take charge of bug intake and remediation process for the organization
- Provide leadership for application vulnerability scanning and penetration testing remediation
- Manage integration with vulnerability check tools such as Static Code Analysis and Dynamic Code Analysis tools
- Discover security exposures and develop mitigation plans, and also report and fix the technical debt
- Provide support to the Director of Information Security on all application security activities
- Represent the organization in Information Security Application programs
- Actively participate in security initiatives with minimum supervision
- Function as a subject matter expert for security solutions within the organization’s platform
- Provide guidance to junior-level security analysts
- Experience with troubleshooting production issues and performance bottlenecks
- Follow security best practices in performing tasks
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Analyst, Development and Operations) while carrying out daily tasks
- Contribute to requirement gathering with product teams
- Work together with cross Business Unit teams on executing standardized security solutions and integrations
- Partake in inner sourcing initiatives within the organization.
- Perform security analyst duties in the security operations center focused on application attacks
- Cloud Web Application experience
Shown below are major application security analyst requirements you may need to meet if you are applying for the job:
- Education: Applicants for the application security analyst position require a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security, or equivalent work experience
- Certification: Information security professional certification such as (SANS GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
- Knowledge: Employers seek application security analysts with extensive and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Have strong software design and implementation know-how, strong familiarity with web protocols, a thorough knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture, and be well-versed in application security and infrastructure security
- Perform their role successfully, they must have technical expertise in at least one domain; software development, network analyzing, authentication or security protocols, systems analyzing, cryptography, or a combination of all. In addition, they should also be familiar with security best practices and have knowledge of common and emerging security threats
- Organizational skills: it is important that applicants can make information security risk-based prioritization decisions, analyze business risk, and analyze complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Have a predisposition for action to drive the remediation of discovered issues to reduce the risk for the organization
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(K) with company match; let us help you save for your future
- Healthcare; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Perks, perks, perks! Employee Assistance Mental Health Program, Emergency Travel Assistance, Prepaid Legal Plan, Scholarship Opportunities for kids, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Relief Fund
- Insurance: Life, Short Term/Long Term Disability
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. Waste Connections does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law