Scale House AttendantRockford, Illinois
Job TitleScale House Attendant
Primary LocationRockford, Illinois
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people!We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We have an immediate position available for a Scale House Attendant at the Winnebago Landfill located in Rockford, IL.
Schedule is 5:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday - Friday and 6 am to 12 pm on Saturday. Approximately 5-10 hours of overtime per week.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the Transfer Station.
- Weighing trucks in and out and calculating payments for customers.
- Approach all encounters with employees, customers, and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Carry out extensive Data Entry.
- Answers phone in a professional and enthusiastic fashion.
- Performs full clerical and general office duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Assisting with office duties, filing and paperwork as needed.
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Providing general upkeep of the Scale House.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Must have flexible availability to include weekends.
- Good computer skills
- Prior cash handling experience required.
- Reliability and punctuality is a must.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)