Compactor Repair Technician
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
Compactor Repair Technician
We are looking for a safety conscious Compactor Repair Technician to join the team at American Disposal Services in Manassas, VA.
As a key member of our maintenance technicians team, your work as a Compactor Repair Technician will focus on the preventative maintenance, inspection, diagnosis and repair of commercial trash compactors. Must have electrical and welding experience.
What We Offer –
- Good pay, family benefits, 401(k), vacation, and a great management team.
- We provide an essential service to the communities we serve. Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- Employees are paid weekly, and direct deposit is offered.
- An experienced technician can earn up to $30/hour starting pay.
- Perform welding and electrical repair of trash containers and compactors as well as trash trucks in our fleet.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required. Valid Class B commercial driver's license with air brakes endorsement is a plus!
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work an average of 50 hours a week.
- Schedule flexibility to work 6am – 5pm, approximately 10 hours per day.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling.
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties.
- Welding/fabrication experience required.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term & long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)