Diesel Mechanic- 3rd Shift
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
Diesel Mechanic- 3rd Shift
We are looking for a safety consciousDiesel Mechanic to join the team in Knoxville, TN.
At Waste Connections, our goal is to provide our people with the tools to do their jobs safely and effectively. How we do this is in our core values:
- Safety- We strive to assure complete safety of our employees. Protection from accident or injury is paramount in all we do.
- Integrity- Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. If we say we are going to do something we are going to do it.
- Customer Service- As mechanics we do not see the public but we do see our drivers every day. We want to make sure they have the tools they need to get their job done effectively. By keeping them happy, it makes our lives easier.
- To be a Great Place to work- We maintain a growth culture where our employees can maximize their potential personally and professionally. Our objective is to provide an environment where people enjoy what they do and take pride in their work. We wish to embody a work hard, play harder culture.
To be the premier waste service company in North America- We continue to provide superior returns, remain environmentally responsible, and continue to grow in a disciplined way, deploying resources intelligently and benefiting communities we live in. We remain a different breed.
What we provide:
- Stay on bonus of $3000.
- Tool allowance of $500 every quarter
- Boot voucher once a year
- Safety/Performance bonus: $300 every quarter with a $1000 annual kicker
- Competitive wages combined with a fun work atmosphere
- Paid vacations
- 401k with company match
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- A shift differential pay
- Perform diagnostics on a variety of makes and models using company provided diagnostic laptops, pressure testers, etc…
- Perform repairs on a variety of makes and models
- Preventative maintenance and inspections
- Maintaining a clean work environment for yourself and everyone around you
- Have fun, while staying safe and productive
Must own at least a basic set of automotive tools. Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day. Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Not required: Preferably have or are able to get a CDL license.
2nd shift: is Monday-Friday from 1pm-11pm with a Saturday work rotation. Saturday work rotation is one Saturday p/month from 8am-12pm
3rd shift: Sunday night-Thursday night or Monday night-Friday night. Shift time: 11pm-8:00am
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)