As a member of our elite team of drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal – cleaning up our communities while making our customer service the best in the industry. Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a local route every day sound great? If the answer is yes, then you’re who we’re looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Driver at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Good Driver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Relief Fund
If you take pride in what you do every day, you will succeed at this company.Jerimiah Recycle Driver
Amazingly, he hasn’t had an accident, incident or injury in 23 years on the job. Meet Eddie Gutierrez, our 2017 Driver of the Year.
Westbank Sanitation is looking for a Lead driver in Jackson, WY.
Purpose of Position:
To ensure daily refuse, recycling, biodiesel, and compost route service needs are met in a safe, efficient, and effective manner by acting as a relief driver, covering routes when regularly scheduled drivers are unavailable. And assisting the leadership team in providing for the needs of the Operations Department.
External refuse and recycle customers. Internal customers include, but are not limited to, Dispatch and Customer Service.
Essential Duties of Position:
The Lead Driver is responsible for:
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Inspecting the vehicle before leaving work grounds and at end of shift, recognizing and documenting any maintenance needs
- Safety of vehicle, equipment, and Helper, if applicable
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various delivery, rear-loading residential, automated, front-end-loading, roll-off, and commercial tanker vehicles as required
- Operating mechanical hand controls to engage containers and empty contents, if operating an automated or front-loading vehicle
- Entering various customer locations as required to collect recyclables, compostable materials, or used cooking oil in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner, while maintaining cleanliness of the customer location
- Ensuring all customers’ recycle, compost, or used cooking oil collection containers are replaced properly and containment areas are free of debris and/or spillage, if required to enter the customer location
- Ensuring all customers’ containers are properly emptied, cleaned, and placed at the service location, if making a container delivery
- Maintaining applicable route by following and efficiently managing route book and completing work orders continuously as assigned
- Providing direction for the assigned Helper or Site Worker throughout the shift, if applicable
- Assisting with moving residential refuse and recyclables from the curb to the refuse collection vehicle, if operating a residential rear-loading vehicle
- Ensuring all customer interactions by Driver or Helper (if applicable) are polite and courteous
- Performing all duties as scheduled by Dispatch or Supervisors and assist other Company drivers as directed
- Cleaning the vehicle inside and out at the end of shift
- Completing route and vehicle documentation and submitting it to Dispatch at end of shift
- Communicating via radio with Dispatch as requested
- Wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE), and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Working with leadership to build safety culture through involvement in safety meetings, tailgates, fleet walks, ride a-longs, etc.
- Assisting with scheduling and assigning work to be done and directing work in the field.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Maintaining regular and predictable attendance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess organization and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to read a map and apply basic map reading skills
- Positive attitude; excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and interact positively with others
- Must be able to speak and read English in order to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate via radio
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds frequently
·Two years of previous waste industry commercial motor vehicle driving experience required; three years preferred
- Must be signed-off in two or more of the following lines of business: Automation, Commercial, Roll-Off, Mountain, Residential, Tanker (includes Water and Biodiesel), or Transfer Truck.
Minimum Level of Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Certifications Required: None
- Valid class B commercial driver’s license with tanker endorsement
- Valid medical card
- Clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Ability to meet all DOT requirements