District ControllerHeber Springs, Arkansas
Our company is a nationwide, publicly traded industry powerhouse and we are looking for best in class accountants to leave the world of audit and public accounting behind for an opportunity with incredible growth and leadership opportunities. We provide work life balance and continuous skill training to always prepare you for advancement to the next level.
Our District Controllers instantaneously make an impact on the bottom line by understanding our business end to end and being agents of change and process improvement. Your role will continuously develop as a business partner and analyst, working hand in hand with Operations both in the office and in the field to achieve success.
This is an opportunity for accounting professionals who are entrepreneurial minded, appreciate an autonomous and unstructured work environment, and want to take an interactive role in providing leadership and guidance in a progressive and growing industry.
As a District Controller, you will oversee the financial functions of our operating locations. This position works in tandem with District Operational Managers and requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, you will lead a team of financial professionals, including accountants, AR, AP, and billing specialists. It also requires direct interface with local and state regulatory agencies and personnel.
• Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
• Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
• Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
• Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
• Rate analysis and review.
• Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts.
• Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
• Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review.
• Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process.
• Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
Your technical background should include:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting
- Big Four Accounting experience preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, required
- 2 years of public accounting experience strongly preferred
- budgeting process experience
- Prior leadership experience
- proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)