Operations SupervisorGroveland, Florida
We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor with strong leadership experience to join our team.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Manages the day-to-day operations at the transfer station and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Previous supervisory experience in heavy construction, and/or environmental field services.
- Previous yellow iron experience.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Majority of work will be conducted hands on in the field.
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities is a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran