Greater Sudbury, Canada
As a member of our elite team of mechanics, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal -- keeping our fleet on the road and in good working order and making sure our drivers get home safe every night. Do you have experience working on diesel trucks or heavy equipment? Would you love working in a very stable industry for a rapidly growing company? If the answer is yes, then you're who we're looking for.
What do you need to be a successful Mechanic at Waste Connections? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Safety Minded
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Mechanically Inclined
Paid Vacation Time
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Emergency Travel Assistance
Prepaid Legal Plan
Scholarship Program for Kids
Every day when I go home and I know that what I did is going to keep these drivers safe and get their job done, it just feels great.Andrew Mechanic
We’ll rely on your skills and talents to keep our vehicles running safely and smoothly. Get an up-close look at what it’s like to be a Mechanic at Waste Connections.
Greater Sudbury, Canada
Job TitleMillwright Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationSudbury, Ontario
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Licensed Millwright Mechanic to join our Transfer Station (Materials Recovery Facility/MRF) in Sudbury, ON. As a Millwright Mechanic, you will for maintaining all production equipment (Recycling Sorting equipment, Balers and rolling equipment, loader, skid steer, forklift); in a safe working order; some electrical work may be required. The Millwright Mechanic will work directly with the MRF Manager to ensure that all the equipment meets all provincial regulations and standards, and WCC safety standards.
Pay rate: $25-$30 per hour; based on experience
Full time with benefits
- Company-paid benefits
- RRSP – match
- Generous boot, uniform and tool allowance
Shift timing: Monday to Friday. Up to 8-10 hours shifts.
- Licensed Millwright Mechanic
- 3-4 years of experience as a Millwright
- 1-2 years of experience repairing equipment
- Strong knowledge and experience diagnosing electrical issues
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment tests
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on Transfer Station Equipment, Balers, and other equipment to maximize safe and productive operations
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of Conveyor belts and motors, fabrication, welding, electrical work, switches, star screens etc.
- Duties also include other maintenance in and around the transfer station.
APPLY TODAY! Be part of a great team!
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer