Maintenance Shop ClerkFort Myers, Florida
Job TitleMaintenance Shop Clerk
Requisition Primary LocationFt Myers, Florida
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Shop for a Maintenance (Shop) Clerk for our Bruner, FL location. The Maintenance (Shop) Clerk spends their day assisting the Maintenance Department with administrative tasks. This position is full-time Monday through Friday, occasional Saturdays position.
This position is Monday-Friday working 40 to 45 hour work weeks. On top of competitive pay we off family benefits, 401k, vacation and year round work.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at 832-442-2258.
- Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems
- Provide general clerical work to assure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department
- General clerical duties, including filing, photocopying, faxing, posting of notices, and ordering of parts and supplies as directed
- Develop and issue computer reports as requested
- Assist with and/or prepare materials
- Prepare summary reports of transportation and maintenance costs
- Research availability and source of purchase for emergency and critical spare parts and repair parts
- Compile information such as identification of items, cost, vendor, freight charges, etc. for purchasing of all maintenance materials
- Prepare all purchase requisitions, coordinate and expedite approvals as required, maintain all budgetary records and provide follow-up action with accounting, buyers, vendors, requestors and receiving
- Review documents for sufficiency and maintaining any necessary follow-up
- Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed and received, including delivery time schedules
- Assist shop personnel with general clerical and data entry work
- Utilize parts management software (RTA), Excel and other MS Office programs
- Demonstrates the knowledge and effective use of software applications. These systems should include as a minimum MS Word and Excel
- Aid and Support the Customer Service Staff / Dispatch using TRUX and other related functions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with vehicle and equipment parts to assist shop personnel with clerical and data entry work
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail, proficient in 10 key, keyboarding and typing skills a must
- Highly organized
- Experience with computers and data entry including PO's, invoices and inventory logs
- Experience with an RTA maintenance program is a huge plus
- Excellent verbal communications skills
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)