Outside Sales RepresentativeElk Grove Village, Illinois
Do you enjoy talking to people and have excellent social skills? Do you enjoy being out in the field having face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers? If you answered yes, this position just may be for you! We invite you to come grow with us!
We believe business relationships are built by face-to-face contact. Our Outside Sales Reps reach out to B2B customers through in-person interactions to generate new sales, as well as providing excellent customer service including retention of current books of business in their assigned territory. They will meet with prospective clients as well as existing clients to present sales proposals, and negotiate deals while building and nurturing connections with business decision makers. This is accomplished by active prospecting and networking. This is NOT a telemarketing position and we do not believe solutions are “one size fits all”. There are daily requirements for prospecting, customer follow up, reporting, and interacting with other departments.
- Calling on new and existing customers, utilizing /owning our Salesforce driven CRM tool, ARES.
- 60-70% of your time is spent in your designated territory, prospecting/cold calling, and exploring market opportunities. The balance of time will be spent preparing proposals, team building, strategic planning, and account management with the internal team.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business for both commercial and industrial accounts.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of Company pricing initiatives.
- Performs contractual re-signs by effectively building long term customer relationships and responsible for increasing profitability where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
- Conduct waste stream analysis to include estimation of volumes and recognition of waste streams requiring special handling or which can be recycled or diverted.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events, and other similar activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Outside sales/B2B experience preferred
- Solid Waste industry experience a plus
- Degree preferred but not required
- Reliable transportation required
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.